Sunday, November 16, 2014

Google Advanced Search - Week 1 info

As I read through your week one papers I found and interesting concept. As we examined Google advanced search, for part two of assignment one it is interesting to note that the first link to Google advanced in a Google search is in fact for Google Canada so I had quite a few Google searches returned to me with the URL. Google.ca rather .com.















Not that this is a problem but it is important to note the URL from which you are extracting your source its just as much crap, or CRAAP criteria you should be examining for your work. The URL tells you a lot abut your source or article just as a regular article title will.


It is also interesting to note that several of you did not see the big deal with Google advanced. I would suggest all of you take another look at this tool. I would recommend examining the site using .edu in the domain search and .pdf as your file extension

No comments:

Post a Comment